What Is Clever?
Clever is Great Minds'® preferred method of rostering.
Clever is an application that streamlines district rostering and login processes across multiple systems and includes the following benefits:
- Rostering: This is the quickest and most efficient method for districts to receive access and support. District administrators can manage and update user and roster information in Clever, and it is automatically synced with Great Minds® (often nightly, or at designated intervals).
- Single Sign-On (SSO): If a district uses Clever for authentication, users can log in to their Great Minds products at any time by using their Clever username and password.
Before you begin the Clever sync, our digital implementation specialists will need to quickly check in with your district technology administrator to verify that you have signed the Great Minds Terms of Service and to ensure that we understand your district's unique rostering and licensing needs.
Your technology administrator will receive the initial email with next steps and an invite through Clever to the correct Great Minds app. If you don’t see an invitation, you can send a request to our applications following the steps below.
Completing the Sync
- From the Request Applications tab in Clever, initiate a request to integrate with a Great Minds app, and share Clever IDs with Great Minds.
- If your school or district will use only Great Minds Affirm®, request only the Great Minds Affirm app.
- If your school or district will use some combination of Great Minds in Sync™, Great Minds Equip™, and Affirm, request only the Great Minds in Sync app.
- From the Clever dashboard, select the data you will share with Great Minds. See the list of required data below. It is best to only share the schools' data who will be receiving access to our products.
- Once the integration is configured, Great Minds will run a full initial sync to check integration and will notify the technical administrator when this part of the process is complete. At this point, users will then be able to log in, and they will receive full access to content once the entire process is complete. In Clever rostering, only the technical administrator will get an email upon activation.
Required Data for Clever Sharing
email, grade, name (first, last), district, schools
|Teacher, School Admin, District Admin||
email, name (first, last)
district, school, name, grade, primary teacher, students