Basic Criteria for Onboarding
As we are completing your onboarding process, we ask that you review the
following criteria to ensure that your users can successfully access the Great Minds
1. The roles we currently support include student, teacher, school administrator, and district administrator; please utilize these roles wherever possible to ensure the correct level of access to the platform.
2. All users must be assigned only one role. If multiple roles are needed, please use separate email addresses to create these accounts.
3. Teachers and students must be rostered to specific classes to see content; more than one teacher can be rostered to the same class.
4. School administrators must be rostered to specific schools. If this is not possible, we recommend that you add them as district-level administrators so they can get the access they need.
5. The following subjects match over to our curriculum: Math, English, and Science. Please utilize these wherever possible to ensure that users can see content, as other subjects are not currently supported by In Sync.
7. Clever syncs need to be requested until late August, after which syncs will occur nightly. If new users are added/shared, the information must to be shared with your sales representative or digital administrator, as we are currently executing manual sync at our end. If additional schools, users, etc. are added, shared, or changed before that time, please also request a new sync by emailing email@example.com.
8. Every user must have an email-id:
For Manual rostering, each user must have a valid and open inbox to receive our activation email.
For Google SSO users, emails must be a valid Google email but can have closed inboxes as users do not receive an activation email.
For Clever rostering, each user needs an email but emails can be fake. Each email must be unique for each student, across all the schools listed in the district.
In addition to the above criteria, please note that you may have the ability to access
the platform prior to us completing the final step in your onboarding process where
we associate your sections to the correct product combinations. This will result in
your ability to login, but not to see Great Minds content (you will see a blank screen
with the Great Minds logo). We ask for your patience as we complete this final step.
Common Onboarding and Platform Errors FAQ
Q: I am a Grade 5 teacher, but see Grade 2 when I login to my Great Minds app.
A: As a temporary solution to ensure we can get as many users into their respective
platforms as possible, we have defaulted all users to one grade. To access other
grades, simply change the grade using the top-left drop-down menu on your
Q: I logged in and only see the Great Minds logo. What is causing this error?
A: In Clever you are not seeing content for the following reasons: the sections
assigned to this user are not labeled Math, English, or Science in the subject column
or this user does not belong to any sections in Clever.
Q: When I launch the Great Minds App (in Sync or Affirm) I see a 404 error. What
does that mean?
A: This means that the user was not created in our system, which could happen for
a variety of reasons. Please see items 1-2 above for troubleshooting this error.
Q: When I login I am receiving a “licenses not found” error.
A: This could mean the following: new schools were added and data has not been
synced yet since the addition, the products purchased are not associated with your
school or class, or the correct licenses were not assigned during the onboarding
Q: I received a 401: unauthorized error. What now?
A: A user was added to the platform after the last sync was completed. The new
data needs to complete another sync for that user to have access.
If your error is not listed in this FAQ, please reach out to Great Minds
Customer Success Team at
or call 202-223-1854.